One voice, one melody, can change the harmony of the universe. ~TM

Ain't Nothin' Like A Harley Ride

>> 11 November 2008

The chittlins are back, unscathed and as rambunctious as ever.  Even though my parents took the children to their Parish Festival this weekend, Andante did not have a reaction.  How wonderful to hear.

Sunday, I was supposed to get my Harley ride with our buddy Josh... but sadly that fell through.  I totally understood the cancellation, but in all honesty, I was a little bumbed.  The ride would have been just what I needed.  Instead, I spent most of the day alone, worrying about my children needlessly, and ticked at my boys in the band for a bail out... but that is a whole different story.

So yesterday, before my children arrived home, I accomplished some put off projects, and packed up the last of the Halloween decorations (I told you I was behind!). 

Then, about 4p, I got a text from my girlfriend Chandra.  She asked if I wanted to take a ride with Josh.   MAN!!!  My parents had just left from dropping of the children and Nando was at work.  Just my freakin' luck!!!  But Chan, being a close friend, and one that I completely trust with Andante's allergies, texted me back insisting that she was more than willing to watch the kids so I could go on a ride with Josh.  I did have to ask if she was sure she wanted to watch our combined number of 6 all by her lonesome.  Her philosophy - What's a couple more?  She's right - when you're a mother, and a teacher, to us it's what's another 2 or 3?  It makes it even easier especially when our raising and discipline philosophies are similar.  So I jumped at the chance to take them up on the free babysitting and Harley ride.  I would be INSANE not to!

So I got ready, donned my boots and my leather, and headed up the road to their house.  Once the kids were busy playing, I snuck out the front door and Josh helped me to get suited up the rest of the way, and off we went into the sunset... literally!

Oh, it was perfect!  The best medicine for a weary heart and soul.  Better than Calgon! 

We took about an hour and a half tour around the Valley floor and slightly up into the hills off I-5.  It was cold, but not too windy, which made for a beautiful ride.  We talked the whole way through the mics on our helmets.  Gotta love technology - noise cancelling mics made for a really great heart to heart.  As we chased the sunset, we cruised around after nightfall for the last part of our ride before we headed home. 

I tell ya,... there ain't nothing like a Harley ride to ease a troubled mind.  A good friend to take you and shoot the breeze with, a genuine gift.  A best friend to watch your children so you can go with her husband on the back of his hog... PLATINUM!!!

Props to Chan and Josh... thank you for one more Harleygasm notch on my fencepost!


Seriously!

TinaMarie

0 Serious Comments:

Serious Compositions

Under Construction