One voice, one melody, can change the harmony of the universe. ~TM

In the Early Hours of the Morning

>> 14 December 2008

Mary.  Our Lady.  Dawn of the Day. 

Nothing is more beautiful, more sacred than awaking before the sun to join with other voices in thanksgiving to The Mother of all mothers.  Since the beginning of the Our Lady of Guadalupe Celebration (December 12th) in our Church, which I began 8 yrs ago, I have always participated in Las Mañanitas (video below of the Celebration in Mexico City from 2007) , even after I gave up directing the Spanish Choir.  For me, it brings the true meaning of Christmas in a way I find hard to explain to someone who is not yet, or never will be a mother.  Because of Mary's unbriddled faith, a child was born who would change the world. 

Change the world... I wonder how my children will change our world.

Regardless of how you believe, the mother is a very sacred figure.  Even when a mother fails at her role, she is still sacred for the life that she gave to her child.  What an immense blessing she is when she lovingly takes her role beyond what is asked of her. 

I was asked to come back as a guest director, in celebration of the founding of the Flor Y Canto choir, and I was asked to sing the Ave Maria 3 times during the week and a half long celebration; twice in back to back Masses after Las Mañanitas.  This time when asked, I was not a bit reluctant.  I was honored to sing for Our Lady, in thanksgiving for the humble, silent, loving path she lived for all mothers so many years ago. 

As I sang, an overwhelming peace showered over me.  What I have to do for my children on a daily basis, let alone for my special needs child is challenging, heartbreaking, overwhelming.  Yet, in the quietness of the Church, as I sang to Our Lady, I knew that I was given my children for a greater purpose than my own.  They have been entrusted to me for a little while.  When they are ready, they will go out and change the world. 

What an amazing Gift I have been given.



Mañanitas a la Virgen 2007 - MEXICO


Seriously!

TinaMarie

0 Serious Comments:

Serious Compositions

Under Construction