One voice, one melody, can change the harmony of the universe. ~TM

Best compliment EVER...well, to date, at least!

>> 18 August 2011


As of yesterday,
I have lost a total of
65 lbs.

The surgeon and my personal doctor believe 160lbs would be a good weight for me to settle at.  So with that being the goal mark, I am on the down low, as my Auntie Tonie likes to say.  Only 47 more lbs. to go.

I have to admit, I am feeling a bit anxious.  I have only taken one Holiday Photo with my children, and that was only because I didn't want them to look back when I am gone and wonder why I was never in the pictures with them.  This year, I am DETERMINED to take that Holiday Photo and ROCK it!!!  That means I only have 3 more months to get down to goal weight.  It hasn't been hard so far, but it has also been summer and the weather has been fantastically mild (thanks Global Warming).  Fall and winter will pose some challenges, but I am not giving up now.  Not after today's series of compliments.

Today was the first day of school for my two eldest.  As we did last year, we were ready and dressed bright and early, and then we took off and walked to school.  Traditionally, on the first day, the parents walk their children all the way to their classrooms from the front gate, which of course, I followed suit.  After x's and o's were given and received, and I got the girls off to their classes, and as I began to leave, some of my girlfriends (Especialmente Oliva. Gracias!), who have not seen me over the summer, began to gushing.  Now, I gotta say...that felt hella good!  They aren't gonna be the only ones with their sexy back!!!  To top that off, a handful of the teachers and office staff complimented me; a couple, in fact, said they did not recognize me.  That, I kind of find hard to believe since I am an extremely vocal and visual presence at the school, but I'll take it!

Aria (2nd grade) & Allegra (3rd grade)

After dropping them off, I walked home with my younger two; one in the carriage, and one by my side.  We were ho-humming along when I saw a couple of friends of mine, about to drive by in their truck.  So of course, I waved and called out to them.  When the finally recognized me, they apologized profusely because they didn't recognize me and gushed, too.  Ok,...a little odd to handle, I have to say.  Not really sure what to say in that situation, but I surfed my way though it...I think!?!

Andante 

 Adagia

And then of course, was this past weekend at my 20th High School Reunion Weekend (no comments from the non-peanut gallery!).  I was surprised to find out just how many of my old friends read this blog and have been following along on this journey with me.  Props to you all...you know who you are!  Thanks again for all your love, support, and compliments!  What a fabulous time!  And THANK YOU to all those who attended the picnic on Sunday for making sure my son had a reaction-free day!  It was amazing!!!

Matty & I - Saturday Night Lights  

 Andi & I - Sunday in the Park



I added August's composite picture to the slideshow for those of you following along.  I have received feedback from  some that they cannot see the slideshow pictures at all (friggin'...oh wait, I can't blame Yahoo! for this one, dang it!!!), so I am going to use this post to share with you the composite pictures as well.






As I have said before, I am extremely happy with my decision to go through with the surgery.  Only regret is not wearing the right bra for the last shot above!!!  Dang it!  In all seriousness though, I am happy if for no other reason than I am coaching soccer this year for my girls, which would not have happened last year, or in a million years, and that totally rocks!!!

Seriously!

TinaMarie

3 Serious Comments:

Unknown 18 August, 2011 21:15  

Oh my Bella - beautiful Lady! You are doing so fantastic, so proud of you!

Unknown 19 August, 2011 09:16  

You look awesome. Proud of you. You're my second friend to go through this surgery this year and I am cheering both of you on from afar. :)

TinaMarie 30 August, 2011 10:56  

Thanks Ladies! Your support means the world to me!

Serious Compositions

Under Construction