One voice, one melody, can change the harmony of the universe. ~TM

From Out of My Head They Sprung

>> 28 September 2008

Well ok, they didn't really spring forth from my head, but using "from out of my Cesarean Section they came" somehow, just didn't ring so well, and I needed a tag line so that I could introduce myself and my family to those of you who may not know us yet.

Hey, it worked! It got your attention! lol

I am a Conservatory trained vocalist, pianist, and instructor. I have chosen to put my Opera career on hold and just give lessons and perform locally because I chose to be a stay at home mom (SAHM) when I got engaged to my husband. I have three children: Allegra Rose, 5yrs, who is in Kindergarten, Aria Eva, almost 4yrs, who is in her 2nd year of Preschool, and Andante Joseph, 18mths, who is my severely allergic one. I have been married for 6yrs to my husband, Fernando...whom you will see me refer to as Nando from time to time. Fernando is currently working on his Doctorate in Education with a Consentration in Special Ed for older students, and works as a teacher/counselor for a boy's group home system. I do have a Youth Choir that I still direct (the others I resigned from when I had my children), and have been dabbling in composing as of late (though I am not sure I would give myself that title yet).

I am adopted. Scottish/English by birth with a slight splash of Italian, but raised by two wonderful full blooded Italians, and I am Roman Catholic. Needless to say, I am a hot head with a healthy dose of guilt! My husband, on the other hand, is full blooded Azorean... you know, those little islands out in the mid Atlantic Ocean... literally in the middle of NO WHERE. Turns out, long, long ago, the Portuguese landed there, too, and decided to make it a penal colony. LOL... yeah, I know, cruel... but I just have to rub it in sometimes. Dang Portuguese were everywhere! Hey!...but at least their Catholic! That, and the fact that Nando is such a wonderful and loving person, were his only saving graces when he asked for my hand in marriage (yes, ladies,... he REALLY went to my family for their blessing... 1,2,3...awww!!!). He may not be Italian, but not everyone is perfect. At least he has two out of the three main requirements!

So, as you can imagine, our household is very vivacious, very animated, and VERY loud! We both have large families... many aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, nieces, nephews, Godchildren (Shout out to the troops! You know who you are!). Get togethers are large, rambunctious, and again... VERY LOUD!!!

I am a stickler for manners; best be knowing your pleases and your thank yous, and I do not tolerate any bull. With me, it's say it like you mean it, and stand behind what you say. Over the past 6yrs, Nando and I have rid ourselves of toxic relationships, family or not, because it was too poisonous for our family, and we did not want our children growing up with that kind of anger in the forefront of their lives.

It was then, when we finally cleared the path for Grace, we were given a child with severe FAs, and thrown into the depths of uncertainty, hoping not to drown.

So there... now you know a bit more about us, and you weren't left totally visually deprived. I did put up the family portraits hanging to the right.

I hope that by sharing these glimpses into our lives, they will bring about change of heart and clarity of mind for people who may be sharing this journey with us from afar, for those who support them, and/or for those that had no idea about the world we try to navigate every day.

I hope you can find your peace.


Seriously!

TinaMarie

0 Serious Comments:

Serious Compositions

Under Construction