One voice, one melody, can change the harmony of the universe. ~TM

Is It In The Air?

>> 09 October 2008

Sometimes, one just doesn't know.

Yesterday and today, Andante has had a case of the mystery hives. I cannot figure out for the life of me if he is reacting to a food. I have been able to rule out most foods, like rice for example. He ate rice with two meals yesterday day: one time he has reacted, the next time he didn't...from the same pot of rice. OK, so that one is out.

I have gone through all the foods I have given him in the past 48 hrs., and nothing was new. Somethings were repeated, and like the rice, he reacted after eating them one time, and then didn't react after not eating them the next time. And like the rice, they were from the same package, same plate, same whatever.

The only other thing I can think of is the environment. The 1st reaction came after I opened the doors in the morning to bring in the still 78F, yet breezy air. The 2nd reaction was after I had arrived at my in laws house today to drop him off while I went to an appointment. While pulling him out of the car, I noticed the welts on his face. Nothing on his trunk at that point, though they appeared very small when they arose later in the day on his arms and trunk. Benadryl took care of both reactions, but I still have no clue what actually set him off.

It is SO frustrating NOT knowing what triggers an allergic reaction. Having to deal with FA's, or EA's, or both, is a sure fire way to set one's self up for some serious neuroses. Paranoia, OCD, schizophrenia, nervous breakdowns, depression, anxiety.... *whew*, I am overwhelmed just thinking of all the thinks that the worrying could lead, too!

Time to look for a good shrink... or vent on a really good blog! *winks*


Seriously!

TinaMarie

2 Serious Comments:

Angie 09 October, 2008 23:02  

don't forget ADHD!! I'm blaming my mental ailments on FA's too, whether they were preexisting or not! lol. SERIOUSLY!!

TinaMarie 10 October, 2008 02:35  

LOL! Amen sister!

Serious Compositions

Under Construction