One voice, one melody, can change the harmony of the universe. ~TM

Michael

>> 19 November 2008



My guitarist Mikey is in surgery on his forearm as I post.  The doctor has told him that by Christmas he should be back to normal activities.

Not only do I fear for my friend, I fear for his music...and selfishly, for mine.  When I had my double Carpal Tunnel Relief surgeries, I did not realize just how much it would affect my hands on a daily basis, even today, let alone my ability to play the piano.  I was one of the 25% of people that the surgery does not work for.  Go figure.

I really had to work at regaining most, sadly not all, of my abilities to tickle those ivories.  It was a lot of hard work...sometimes too hard.  Still today, I have to limit my time with any activity I do where I use my hands, including playing my beloved piano.  Sigh...

I know this surgery is not as threatening for Mikey.  Yet, I still worry...

Please keep Michael in your thoughts and prayers today and in the month to come.  His goal is to play for the band and Glorious for our Xmas Eve Concert and Mass.  My goal is that soon, I can hear those sweet stings play for me, to raise my voice to, like only Mikey can do.

Crepe al lupo, amico mio!  Take the Wolf, my friend!


UPDATE:  11:43p PST
Mikey is out of surgery and just texted me. He said the stitches are pretty gnarly looking, but all good.   Thank God.

21 November
Mikey played all of rehearsal tonight.  I only caught a couple of whinces.  He promised me that if he was hurting, he would stop... yet he never did.  And even though he was cautious, he never dropped a note, lost a strum, or missed a pick.  He made that guitar sing and my heart swell.  Sigh... I could not stop smiling.

God is GREAT!


Seriously!

TinaMarie

0 Serious Comments:

Serious Compositions

Under Construction