One voice, one melody, can change the harmony of the universe. ~TM

Big Girls Don't Wear Sports Bras

>> 10 June 2011

The Sports Bra... a big girl's worst nightmare!!!  I never thought I would don a sports bra again, but I came to a crossroads the other day...a dilemma I was truly torn over.

Over the years, I have gone through many a bra size, bra type, bra shape, bra style,... you name it!  I have worn them all.  Sometimes uncomfortably, but I have worn them.  The one bra I gave up on when I started having children was the sports bra.  I mean, really...even though they are comfortable, it is the most impractical bra when trying to nurse a youngin', not to mention coverage.  I am sorry, but the sports bra just DOES NOT cover a big girl properly.

Yet, here I am, loosing weight and NOT wanting to spend a fortune for every bra size I go down to.  Seriously... who wants to buy a bra in a different size every stinkin' month?  Do you KNOW how expensive a good bra is?

So I decided I was NOT going to buy several bras during this journey.  To me, that would be a waste of money (that I could be spending on my children or at the MAC counter) and a waste of resources.  But then, as I started loosing the weight, I was no longer fitting into my bras larger bras.  A GREAT thing...if they were to shrink with me.  And to add to the dilemma, I was not yet fitting into my smaller sizes, so what was I to do?

Of course, the first suggestion I got was, How about a sports bra?  I am sorry...are you kidding me???  Big girls don't wear sports bras!!!  That's some good stuff you must be smokin'!

Yet, the more days that uncomfortably passed in the wrong bra, the more I actually started to consider this nemesis of mine.  What if I found the right sports bra to carry me through a couple of bra sizes until I could comfortably wear the smaller sizes without spilling over the top or the sides?  Nah...it ain't possible, I thought.  They don't make sports bras for girls my size.

HA!  Foiled again!!!  All I gotta say is HANES...(Oh, how I love that company!).  Not only did I find a bra that fits now and will shrink with me, the designers definitely had the bigger girls in mind when cutting the fabric.  I have never had a sports bra that gave a big girl so much coverage; it's amazing. I should buy stock!

All I gotta say is Hanes... I LOVE YOU!!!


Seriously! TinaMarie

0 Serious Comments:

Serious Compositions

Under Construction