One voice, one melody, can change the harmony of the universe. ~TM

Oh My Goodness!

>> 03 October 2008



I have yet to figure out how I am going to send my severely anaphylactic son to preschool. Every time I think I have thought of everything that needs to be changed/implemented/added, another issue comes up and takes its place. How is he going to participate in school when there is egg and milk in tempera paints, wheat in play-doh, pasta crafts, egg shell pots in the spring for growing (of all things) wheat grass. There is snack time, where passing food from one child to the next helps with their understanding of sharing. I shudder to think of all the passed allergens every time I try to wrap my mind around that thought. Then you have the number of times the tables will have to be wiped down during the day, and the number of times the trash will have to be taken out, too! All the toys that will need to be wiped down every morning and after snack during the day. And then there is,.....and then,.... and.... and..... I have only touched the surface.

Huh... how ironic that last sentence is.

While trying to make an extremely comprehensive 504 plan, where I list everything from my notes that would need to be done on a daily basis to accommodate Andante so that I can present it to the Dir. of Preschool and the Principal of the girls' school, to see if they can accommodate him when it is his time to attend school in a couple of years, Aria comes home looking like this.

Not lookin' too good! (though she is pretty dang cute! lol)


Seriously!

TinaMarie

2 Serious Comments:

Unknown 04 October, 2008 00:30  

TinaMarie, In reading your blog, I started thinking about my own stresses about keeping my son safe. For someone who is always in control of everything around me, this was crazy! My son was several months old and was first diagnosed with food allergies, he fell off the growth chart - I prayed, prayed and prayed some more and we were told he may need a feeding tube. Finally I thought okay, I guess if it needs to be a feeding tube, then that's what it will be. I was in control again! Then my son became allergic to peanuts and nuts - yikes how could I control this????? It was almost like God was reminding me that I am not at all in control, He has complete control and I must give everything over to Him. Still I do everything in my power to keep him safe, but know that prayer is my primary weapon and God my mighty defender. Thanks for letting me share.

TinaMarie 04 October, 2008 09:13  

Thank you for sharing. Your words are so true. We have to just let go and let be. There is always a rhyme, a reason, and a silver lining. I truly believe it. But it won't come without handing it over; that I know.

Thank you for reading and sharing. I am very grateful.

Within the Spirit,

TinaMarie

Serious Compositions

Under Construction